Public Journal of Semiotics (PJOS) is a non-profit open access journal that publishes original research articles in semiotics: the systematic study of meaning, in different semiotic/communicative systems such as language, gestures, pictures, and music. We especially welcome articles combining theory and empirical findings in topics like polysemiotic communication, sensory modalities, and multimedia discourse. Our intention is to help make semiotics more relevant for current issues, and in this sense public.
Vol 8 No 1 (2017)
To submit an article, click on the REGISTER button in the menu at the top of the page and follow the instructions. After you fill in your data, make sure that you click on the AUTHOR button, and if you wish to be consulted as a reviewer, on the REVIEWER button as well. Once you've logged in, click NEW SUBMISSION and follow the procedure presented on the screen.
- Jordan Zlatev, Editor-in-Chief (Lund University, Sweden)
International Editorial Board
- David Machin (Örebro University, Sweden)
- Charles Forceville (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Donna E. West (State University of New York at Cortland, USA)
- Göran Sonesson (Lund University, Sweden)
- Jan M. Broekman (Penn State University, USA)
- Lars Elleström (Linnæus University, Sweden)
- Paul Manning (Trent University, Canada)
- Rob Shields (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Anne Wagner (Universite Cote d' Opale, France)
- Johan Blomberg (Lund University, Sweden)
- Paul Bouissac (Victoria University / University of Toronto, Canada)